At Driftwood Dwellings we design and build Tiny Homes, with a focus on sustainability and reducing our carbon footprint (and yours!). We are located in Newfoundland, Canada, and like the homes we build, we are mobile and open to working on sustainable projects in interesting locations all around the globe.
Our flagship model, the Bonavista, is a Tiny House on wheels but we are also interested in the design and construction of other unique dwellings such as Shipping Container Homes, House Boats, and Yurts.
The Bonavista is designed to operate fully “Off Grid” and is mobile, built on an 8’x16’ custom trailer. The outside of the home is reminiscent of a traditional Newfoundland Saltbox with colourful clapboard siding, while the interior features modern architectural design with clean lines and warm accents, such as exposed wood cathedral ceiling and natural birch hardwood floors. The home comes fully equipped with a kitchen, bathroom, cozy loft bedroom with queen sized bed, a space that can be easily converted for dining, lounging or sleeping and plenty of unique storage solutions.
This portable Tiny Home includes the following features that facilitate ‘Off Grid’ living:
- Electrical system is designed for use on (120 V) or off grid (12V) and can easily be connected to Solar and Wind power
- Mini Wood Stove (8,000 – 18,000 BTUs)
- State-of-the-Art Composting Toilet
- 12 V LED Lighting
- Three Way Fridge (Propane/120 V/12 V)
- Propane on-demand hot water heater
- Metal Roof that can be used to collect significant quantities of rainwater
- High efficiency building envelope
Viewings of the Bonavista model can be arranged by request. Check out photos of this tiny home in the Gallery.